Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day Five

I should really just skip a day now and get this over with. It'd be much better to forget to blog now then on September 29th. In the meantime...

Dear Forced Internet Diary,

Today is college football day. I've had the T.V. on for about 7 hours and even watched football while at a rehearsal for the show I'm working on. Basically, I've devoted the entire day to watching football teams that I don't care about and being a layabout. I don't generally have a problem with spending a day like this but sometimes the human ability to completely waste time is shocking. 

I could've easily picked one game I wanted to watch today and spent the rest of the day at Ikea or thinking up blog topics or something productive. (Although, Ikea does not make for a productive day, it makes for a miserable day filled with people and lines and headaches that don't go away until you sleep). Instead of choosing one game, I chose all games. I've seen parts of approximately 12 football games today and I bet you that in one week I'll only be able to name significant details about maybe one of those games. All other information will have passed out of my mind. That's what truly locks this day in as a wasted day. 

I could lament the loss of this day, or even turn off the TV (SDSU vs UCLA, who gives a shit, right?) and do something worthwhile, but the truth is, it's been a beautiful day. A day spent like this is simultaneously depressing and uplifting. There is a deeper lingering sense that I'm a loser, but on top of this is this incredible level of relaxation that can only be achieved by totally letting go of a day. Trying to care about nothing for an entire 24 hour period is harder than it looks and when you pull it off you really feel like you've achieved something.

Sigh, I really should come up with blog topics, I'd like to get away from just opening a page and writing the first thing that comes to my mind.

Any suggestions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment