Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day Ten

1/3 of the way. No need to worry about me yet, I'll probably fail on September 28th (My Mom's birthday) or September 30th (the last day, I never finish anything). 

There are a lot of things to love about the return of football season. I can look forward to time wasting (covered in a previous post), I can look forward to having an excuse to get out of things because I have plans to watch football and I can watch football. But with football season comes one of the things I hate most in this world. Seeing the same commercials over and over and over...and over and over...(you get the idea).

Where I watch football we usually have more than one television running. Which means that we see these commercials several times because we're watching CBS in more than one market. As a result, we end up doing a number of things. We have inside jokes, we hate actors (and sometimes even recognize them in other commercials), we become giant fans of actors and we also engage in intense debates as to how they were made.

Do you know that I can whisper "clark" at the exact time the kid does in this commercial? 


Or did you know that Errol Morris directed these commercials and that in the original 
the guy was actually drawing?



I knew. And it's all because I saw the commercial enough times to get into arguments about it.  
There are already a couple of awful candidates for this year's commercial hell. Perhaps I'll update 
you as they cement themselves as this year's contenders.

Love,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment