Sunday, September 6, 2009

Day Six

Dear Forced Internet Diary,

Steve is at my house right now. He drank "20 beers" last night and says his insides don't feel right. Also, he's spent a large portion of the afternoon trying to convince me to be a racist. 

He's not being super obvious and suggesting that we outright discriminate against people, but he is dropping subtle hints. He has suggested that we become huge fans of the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss). He has suggested that we purchase confederate flags and he's also suggested that we learn the lyrics to 'Dixie.' 

I don't know what exactly convinced Steve to change his lifestyle so drastically, but I have a feeling it is something in the beers he drinks. Steve is the first person I ever met in my life that is a fan of cheap beer. And he doesn't like cheap beer for monetary reasons. He likes Bud Light more than he likes "premium" beers and it's because he likes the taste more. This is the trait that he seems to have in common with real racists, so I'm guessing this is what's leading to his desire to build a racist lifestyle from the ground up.

I'm worried about Steve. I don't want him to be a racist. And I certainly don't want him to convince me to be one. I guess I'll have to substitute a different kind of beer in his fridge.

Joe

PS - I think that my weekend posts on this thing are going to be weak. Hopefully I can do better Monday through Friday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment